Today, I will share with you another of my recipes. It has been a hit with many folks. Relatively easy to make and full-fledged vegan, it is full of different flavors, hearty, and filling.
Eat it with bread or rice, a salad on the side, and you will be happily rubbing your tummy at the end of the meal.
My Curried Sweet Potato Soup:
3 small sweet potatoes, chopped
2 cups water
1 can coconut milk
1 Tbls coconut or olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
6-8 large shitake mushrooms, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbls+ curry powder
1/8 tsp+ cayenne pepper
2 tsp coriander seeds, ground
1 tsp thyme
* Place sweet potatoes in a soup pot with water. Bring water to a boil, lower heat to simmer and cook until sweet potato is very soft.
* Meanwhile,in a small frying pan, heat the oil. Add onions and garlic. Cook until onions are transparent and soft. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-5 minutes, until soft.
* When sweet potatoes are soft, add the coconut milk and blend, either in a blender or with an immersion blender.
* Add mushrooms and onions to blended sweet potatoes. Stir in seasonings. Add water to desired consistency.
* Reheat. Serve with rice or bread and salad.
Thank you for reading again. And thank you for trying my recipes! Trust me, this is a good one. You won't be disapointed!