Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Right Now: Day 14 of 40 Days

Usually when I sit down to write my daily post, I have had some inspiration during the day of what to write about, or have at least put time into thinking about it. Today, I sit down without a plan. Today, I will just see what comes out, what needs to be written. Today, all I can do is start with where my thoughts and emotions are right now.

A couple of days ago, I posted a link on my facebook page directing friends to a memo written by Tashirat, the orphanage in Mexico I volunteered with last spring. The memo was asking for people to help the orphange and the children out by sponsoring a child. The orphanage runs on funds that are donated and on individual child sponsorships. They are currently in the process of trying to adopt a couple of special needs children who are considered otherwise un-adoptable by The System. In order to do this, they needed to first find sponsors. I feel so strongly about the services Tashirat provides to these children and to society that I felt compelled to share this link.

Tonight, as I checked my email, I discovered that an old friend of mine had responded to my post. "Done :)" is how she responded to my request that friends consider sponsoring one of these children for Tashirat. I hope it is safe to assume that this means she IS in fact sponsoring a child, or hoping to. Either way, I am feeling tremendous gratitude right now. Tashirat exists because of the generosity, compassion, and good-will of people like this. And because of this, they are able to help change the lives of children who otherwise would get lost in the system. Now these 2 children will assuredly receive the love, nutrition, education, and family that we all deserve. Thank you Carole. This means so much to me.

It is inspiring and deeply touching to see others do what they can with what they have to help this world change in positive ways. Though it may manifest in various forms, I know we are all capable of helping create positive change. We just need to start with where we are right now.

With all that is going on in the world, it feels like it is the initiative and actions of individuals that will help others, the environment, and all of life realize positive futures and potentials. I am lacking in confidence that our government will do this for us. No. We need each other for this. We need help to survive, as others need our help to survive.

Sharing whatever extra resources we may have, in whatever form they may be, to help where help is needed...

Knowing that what good deeds we pass on will return to us, though the source and the form may be different...

Looking out for the wellness of the whole rather than just of the individual...

Doing what we can with what we have, and starting from where we are, right now...

No comments: